Thursday, November 6, 2008

Foggy Londontown

No fog yet, but the air is crisp, cool, partly cloudy and a light drizzle here and there! I also experienced my first London tube ride on three separate rail lines to get back to Samira's dorm room. Another day of traveling to get here from Athens. It was hard saying goodbye to Lara and Erica as I got on the tram to ride to the airport. We had such a great time the last three weeks and I could not have asked for better travel buddies! Anyhow, I have decided that plane rides aren't so exciting and not so fun when you have a man sitting next to you with bad breath and leaning over armrest. Apparently his seat was not large enough (even though he was not a large man at all).

I had a bit of a scare at the airport coming through passport check/customs when I didn't know the address I was staying at and the man said "well how are you going to know where you're going?" I told him my friend was picking me up and he got her name and number as I handed him the piece of paper with Samira's name and number, hands trembling. He obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Lesson learned...always be nice to the customs check and just answer their questions.

Tomorrow we are going to see some sights and go to a worship night at Hillsong Church, London and a horseback riding tour through Wales this weekend! I'm definitely looking forward to my time here in Londontown. More from London soon and I will be back in the states one week from today...crazy!!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

YUCK I think that is gross when you have nasty breath on you and you can't go anywhere. Sorry sis. Glad you made it to London. I am excited to hear about the Hillsong church. That will be amazing. Enjoy your time there. It really feels like I am there with you too as you are writing. What an experience. If we get to move there sometime I will let you stay with me! :) I would love it. Love you lots!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I have bad breath and no one tells me. I eat coffee and onions some days just to see if anyone has the nerve to tell me I stink. Most people don't because they are gracious, considerate and understanding. I am looking for the true jerks that will say, "You smell like onions and coffee". Are you a true jerk Britt? I think not, as your story suggests.