Monday, October 13, 2008

Mixed Emotions

I am off to travel through Europe for the next month and I seem to have an overflow of emotions at the moment (though I won't share most of them since there is still much to do for preparation). This is something that I have wanted to do for such a long time and the time has finally come. I must get up in about 4 hours in order to leave for the airport to board my flight. 

My nerves aren't that calm right now, and I swear anyone within a foot of me could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I am so excited for this opportunity to experience something that will be so new to me. I'm not one who would usually purchase a plane ticket to Rome on a spur of the moment kind of thing and not have much of a plan upon arrival, but somehow this time was different and I was convinced. God has lined everything up perfectly for me to go and who knows exactly where he sends me. While I have a general idea of the places I might see, I really won't know till I get there. I am going to a place where I don't really fit in, to a place that is different, to a place outside of my comfort. I look forward to the journey, but between you and me, I am a little scared!

<3 

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you but something tells me that God has got you right where he wants you! I am so totally stoked for you!

Pam said...

aahh seester. I am so excited for you that you are taking this journey for the next month. Now you are on your first flight towards your journey. I got up this morning and was feeding little Elijah and looked at the clock and you popped in my head. We love you so much and God has a great plan for you. He will guide you and keep you strong. Have a blast and don't forget to bring me something!! :)

wendy said...

Wow you are off to your great adventure! Take it all in and don't rush! You might never be there again! God has blessed you in so many ways and, this is just one adventure in a life of amazing experiences! Plus, I'm sure there are many cute boys to choose from too!! Anyway, I am soooo happy for you! Remember what I said--- Don't go anywhere alone!!!I know you know! Just don't do it! Sorry, I am a mom and I love you so!!
Thinking of you!
Wendyoxoxox

Anonymous said...

BRIT BRIT....

We miss you already come back to us and make sure you bring an Italian Stallion back with you. And make sure he likes to surf so that you and he can play in the waves together like in some fantasticly cheezy movie.

YOU WILL WIN AT YELLING.

Now you won't ever have to crush a human skull because this trip WILL BE how that WOULD FEEL.

Mike